Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trip to Texas

So, we went to Texas to see Grandma and Grandpa and to go to Sea World. It was sooooo fun. While everyone was dying cause of the heat I was basking in it. I loved the heat, Yeah, I am a little crazy. We went to the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth. That was oh so cool. Gardens and gardens galore. There was a pond with TONS of turtles in it. Went to the Japanese Gardens and that was really neat. There were ponds with big ole fish in it.

I found a new favorite word being with all the southerners. "Y'all" My mom was laughing cause I picked up a little twang to my voice while I was there. Here are some pics from our trip.




Pictures above are in the Botanical Gardens. I think it is a beautiful place.




We also went to the Alamo. There was a guy their that told the story of the Alamo. Mom and Matt were in awe with me. I was so interested. I listened and really got into seeing all the displays and models. I was a sponge for all the history. I really enjoyed it.

Afterwards we went across the street to Ripley's Haunted Adventure. Thinking it was like a museum of haunted things.... We were sadly mistaken. It was a ride and I cried the entire time. After it was done and we were on the elevator out- I snapped. I was screaming in the elevator about them not letting me out. It was not fun!



We went through the River walk in San Antonio also and had dinner. We ate at this place called Dick's. You really have to have a sense of humor in there. They makes you hats and you have to wear them the entire time you are there or they may make you another one. Mine was so embarrassing.




Sea World was awesome. We got to feed dolphins. See Sharks. Penguins. The Budweiser horses. They are extremely large horse. I had a carticapture drawn of me as a mermaid. We saw huge aquariums with a lot of fish in them. It was so much fun. Then we got to see Shamu. They splashed everyone but we were a little too high up and didn't get wet. We went to the later show and sat right up front so Matt and I could get wet. Grandma got a little wet, Matt and I got kinda wet and we turned and looked at mom and she was dripping wet, It was so funny! I got to ride this log ride. I loved it. We rode another water ride where everyone got really wet. It was a blast. Grandpa Smyth got really wet on that one.











Then we went to the Forth Worth Zoo. One of the top 5 largest zoos in the United States. It was huge and pretty cool. I really wasn't into the zoo as much. We were going to go to Six Flags but after Sea world, we wanted to avoid heat and long lines. So, we went to the zoo instead. Still hot and all day in the sun but there were a lot of animals. We spent a lot of time in the amphibian exhibit. Matt and me took our time looking at everything. One last picture. I made a friend.

Yeah, that is a snake!

1 comment:

John and Sarah said...

Looks like lots of fun!