Thursday, May 13, 2010

School is almost over and it is warming up outside. I have had a great year! I have made more friends and have had another awesome teacher. I reached my AR goal of 300 points which is the highest mark they have this year. At 300 points, 600 books, I get the award of being the principal for a day. We worked hard to finish up the last 30 books but with the help and support or my parents and everyone else, I got it done. I have had A's all year and we learned that I am reading at a 3rd grade level when in 1st grade and am in the 93 percentile of that 3rd grade reading level. I love the feeling I get from doing great!
Dance is almost done. I have 1 last performance and then I am taking a year off! I have been doing it for 3 years now and think I need to take a break to decide if it is something I really want to do. If I do come back next year, I will probably go into hip hop instead of Jazz. I will probably miss it and am sad to be leaving.
I have been singing too and we had our final performance on May 4th. It was fun and I am planning on going back next year. The teacher is a blast and she makes it really exciting.
Normally we would have something stuffed up our sleeves for the summer but not this year. We have been so busy for the last 3 years that I think Mom might be a little worn out and maybe Me too. I am going to join a reading club thing at the public library but more for fun then anything. I can win prizes and free stuff. I did it last year with Grandma Karen and this year mom is going to be a bit more involved. We go to the library every Wednesday and return the books I have read and get more. It has been fun and mom realized that she loves to take me!
Well, there is an update! Let's hope mom can update it more this summer! Not like she won't have a little more time on her hands! : )

No comments: